Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Out with the really old. In with the really new.

Hello!!!!!!!!!

What a crazy week it has been! A rough week of work, and helping Elder Espino finish his mission! It got a little rough, but we lived ;)  Now i truly know that God answers prayers and we receive a ton of blessings from obedience!!! So as titled, out with the really old, Elder Espino, and in with the really new, Elder Carranza.  He has about 5 hours in the mission field haha! I am Training! whooo! I feel very blessed that the Lord has trusted in me this great responsibility at this time of my mission.  Elder Carranza is from Ecuador, way down south! He doesn't speak English! YES!!!! Finally! He is 23, and seems like a great kid! i just have to teach him how to really work. haha Already he is telling me how ugly TJ is haah....i just laughed. It may be horribly ugly, but it is home :) and i love it! I am so excited to be training!

I went to a conference today for all the trainers and to receive our new companions, it was great to see my own old trainer, he has lightened up a bit haha.  And talk with other great elders.  We had a lot of time with the President today to talk about all the needs of new missionaries, all that is happening right now in the mission and what he expects of us. But more importantly, what The Lord expects from us and needs from us.  Right now in the mission there have been some....problems. So they are adding many many new rules and ways to do things. So they are upping the work and rules to keep us safe physically and spiritually.  This training is going to be pretty rough as i have heard but i am very excited, after all this, i will be one who gets trained too.  I know i am going to learn so much during this time!  It is pretty great how they choose trainers and pick our trainees. it really is all through revelation. It is so awesome to see how it all works and plays out. As a missionary i have just learned to try and change my perspective from the perspective of a man, to that of God's, a much wider and eternal perspective. From every circumstance i learn something and i apply it or don't apply it.  David Bednar said that the measure of intelligence is the time in between the moment when we learn something and apply it.  I am trying to be more intelligent each and every day.  Wish me luck, and i will have more information on training next week.

3. We had 3 baptisms! i will send pics next week!  We baptized a couple who just got married on Friday and then we baptized them on Saturday! It was so amazing!  Miguel and Edith have a very incredible story.  Miguel is one incredible man, he has had many many trials. not even due to bad choices.  not too long ago, Miguel was at home sleeping while his wife was at work.  Two men entered into his home and started to beat him, he was almost killed because he was beaten with bats and clubs.  They left him unconscious and entered deeper into the house and murdered his 1 year old daughter.  They then took everything that he owned and left.  When we taught the plan of salvation...he just lit up! He changed as a man, changed in every aspect.  Knowing he can see his baby daughter again some day really has just given him so much hope! also, he has Epilepsy..spell check....so he has many difficulties with this and much body pain from the attack.  He and Edith are working on moving to Canada right now to get to safety. the UN has a system that is helping them right now to get them out of Mexico.  I really hope they can make it out soon!  I has blessed to baptize Miguel. What a great guy.  Also, we baptized little Carlos! i wish i could adopt this kid honestly haha.  he is the son of a less active lady, she had been inactive for 8 years,, that me and Elder Watts found one day in the street.

But it really was such a great week to work.  But, unfortunately, all of the baptismal dates have fallen so i have to work trouble hard this week to sweep them all up! Please pray for me and my new comp! I know great things are ahead of us here in Delicias! The Lord is always with us!  I hope all are well and healthy and happy! Blessed are those who keep the commandments of God!  Do your best, and trust in the grace of Christ. I love you all! gotta run!

Elder Westbroek III

ps. Tell Baxter and Pablo that i love them. Tell Pablo to complain to me in an Email sometime. i miss hearing that kid complain haha. 

pss. the temple is absolutely gorgeous!!! good job mom for keeping track of 5000 plus!  what as cool experience. 

psss. dad send me a pic of the back yard!


pssss. I really do miss you all! I have learned so much about the importance of families here!

Que Dios los bendiga ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment